Sunday, October 21, 2012

Time To Bake A Chocolate Cake

Last Friday Claire, Roos and I wanted to do something fun, but since neither of us really felt like going out we decided to have dinner at Roos' house. Roos would do the main course, I would do dessert and Claire was there to eat it all. After searching the internet for a while I stumbled upon this lovely chocolate/strawberry pie. Easy to make since there is no baking involved whatsoever. I did change a few things here and there but the cake turned out to be so divine. The only downside, it was so rich that we were simply unable to eat more than one slice each.

Here are the ingredients that I used:
For the crust:
- 90 g butter (unsalted)
- 25 g dark chocolate
- 200 g oreo cookies (without filling)

For filling:
- 125 g sugar
- 35 g cornstarch (maïzena)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 egg yolks
- 500 ml milk
- 175 g dark chocolate
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar (8g)
- 150 g raspberry's


Just follow the steps in the original recipe and your cake will be just perfect. One tip from me, let the cake stay in your freezer long enough. The longer it will be in, the better it will set, the better you can slice it.

I had the best time ever the past week and I have a lot of sleep to catch up on (seriously staying up until al least 4 am for 4 days in a row is not good for you). So it's good night for me.
XOXO Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment