Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Autumn is upon us

Summer has to end somewhere and 4 days ago it officially did. However here in Holland it probably ended two months before that since our summer wasn't very "summery".
Anyhow it is getting colder by the day and the rainy days are back, yes it is autumn and I actually quite like that fact. So here are some reasons why I love those colder months of the year.


1. Come autumn, come winter, come sinterklaas, come my birthday, come christmas. Yes, I love these months especially because of all the holidays. I mean presents, family and turning a year older  (this year I will be turning 18! I can't quite believe it myself).

Me turning 17 (my brother Cas on the left).


2. Baby it's cold outside! So let's drink some hot cocoa (or tea) by the fire place. Being inside your house is so much better when it is really pouring outside or just terribly cold. Watching the rain fall on the window just makes me happy, I don't know why but it just does.

3. Colder weather means warmer clothes, more clothes that is. I LOVE autumn fashion because unlike summer and spring you can layer like crazy! Put on your comfy sweater (This Topshop sweater is definately on my wishlist), your cute booties and top it off with a warm scarf.

4. The time when all the leaves are losing their green colour. In autumn all the trees are some sort of red/yellow/gold/brown, and it is so pretty around here. 

5. As autumn begins, so do most of my favourite television shows. With Gossip Girl and Revenge both returning this fall I don't see any reason not to be happy with the end of summer anymore. 


So embrace autumn as the beautiful season it is, just make sure to take an umbrella with you wherever you go.

XOXO, Nina


Images from weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment