Sunday, September 9, 2012

Easy Asian Rolls


Hi Guys,

How was your weekend? Mine was amazing, I already told you in my first post that I was going to Appelpop (a Dutch festival) this weekend. And it was even greater than I had imagined it to be. I just can’t tell you guys the feeling you get from standing in the middle of a crow with your lovely friend listening to good music an just dancing (or more jumping) your socks off! I would say that the highlight was definitely when the Dutch band Blaudzun played their single Elephants. I just love that song so much!

Well any ways, after such a day (& night) I was just so tired that I did not want to spend much time making dinner. So after some web searching I found this recipe on Love & Olive Oil. It inspired me to make these easy Asian rolls.

Here's what I used:
- 1 red onion
- 1 shallot
- 2 toes of garlic                                                                          
- 1 hand of green beans
- half a broccoli (around 150 grams)
- 4 tb of olive oil
- 2 tb of soy sauce
- a squeak of lemon juice
- a little tabasco 
- salt & pepper
- two Kaiser rolls (or something likewise)
- mayonnaise (or yoghurt)



First preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (follow the instructions on the packaging of the rolls for this). Start peeling and chopping your onions and the garlic, I chopped them fairly small but if you prefer bigger pieces that will be fine to. Using a large frying pan (preferably one with a lid) put the olive oil in and add the garlic and onions. Stir them frequently and start chopping your vegetables, start with the green beans. Add the beans and stir for a while. Then add the broccoli, the soy sauce, the lemon juice, the tabasco, a little salt and pepper and some water. Put the lid on and leave cooking for 8 minutes. You now have time to put the rolls in the oven, I always like to use the remaining time to clean my kitchen. 



Finally get the rolls out of the oven, cut them open and put some mayonnaise on them (I would have used Greek yoghurt for this but I was all out). Lastly you put the vegetable mixture on the bun, serve with some Asian crackers (I don't know if you have them where you live but in Holland we call it kroepoek) and enjoy!

XOXO Nina

1 comment:

  1. ahh leuk geschreven en ik zag dit ook op girlscene, oil and love echt super site! I'll send u the pics dear! XO

    ReplyDelete